Category Archives: Palletized Filter Sock
Compost filter sock is a mesh tube filled with natural composted shredded and chipped wood products used to prevent jobsite erosion. Palletized sock is approved and well embraced throughout the active Marcellus and Utica basins (Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio).
We Manufacture Sock . . .
We manufacture and palletize compost filter sock that helps our distributors have a competitive edge in their markets. We recognized that companies were struggling to find a reliable and competitively priced product, so we began to manufacture a better sock. MMC partners with Diamond Socktm, which allows us to have a reliable source of material at a competitive cost and pass this savings on to our distributors.
And Lots of It . . .
We’ve streamlined our manufacturing process to the point where we have the ability to produce lots of sock. Since 2012, we’ve produced 19,223 pallets, 2,268,314 feet and 402 miles of sock. Our sock pallets are uniformly and tightly packed for quick and easy transportation and installation. We offer two palletized products: continuous and pre-cut.
Continuous Sock Advantages
- Available in sizes 8”, 12”, 18” and 24”
- A skid steer takes the place of an expensive blower machine
- Less labor intensive and less staking
- Ability to install up to 6,000 LF with four men and two skid steers
- Stakes included for installation
Pre-cut Sock Advantages
- Available in sizes 8”, 12” and 18”
- Conveniently cut into specific lengths (10’ and 25’ typically)
- No machine required for installation
- Easily handled by one person
- Great for ditch check or diversion dams
MMC’s focus is on sustaining our success for the long term so that we can continue to meet our customers’ demands. The industries that best represent our customers and the uses of compost filter sock on their jobsites are: Pipelines, Oil and Gas, Grading and Excavating, Homebuilding and Construction.